Attention Seniors: Graduation Reminders

With Graduation fast approaching, make sure you know where youre supposed to be and when.
With Graduation fast approaching, make sure you know where you’re supposed to be and when.
Kiera Zwack

Hey Seniors! As the year is getting closer to ending, make sure that you are staying on top of everything you need to do. To help keep you guys organized here is everything that you need to make sure you know about for the last couple of months in high school. 

If you haven’t gotten a cap and gown or a 2024 tassel, you should email your counselor or pick it up in the main office.

CPR is required by the state for all students. There are no more courses held at Kennedy High School so If you haven’t gotten certification, you will have to find a course outside of the school. The American Red Cross holds many online courses for anyone to take. After you have your certification, show it to your counselor and they can sign off the requirement. 

The time to register to vote through Kennedy has passed, but if you will be 18 by election day (Nov 5), make sure to register to vote! Visit this website to register today!

Senior Recognition was April 21, if you could not make it you can pick up your awards in the counseling office. 

Senior Decision Day will be May 1 and take place in middle IMC 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There will be ice cream and other treats available for any senior who participates. 

Prom will be May 11 from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at the Czech Museum. Post Prom will follow from 11 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. at Kennedy High School. Come enjoy fun games, swimming and more.

Grand March will take place on May 11 from 4-6 p.m. This is a great place to get professional photos for Prom before the dance.

Photos for the then and now slideshow shown at graduation must be submitted by May 13. Submit a photo of your younger self and a photo from this year to the link on the announcements.

May 13 will also be senior skip day!

Senior chromebooks will be returned starting May 20. Make sure to save all files that you may need after high school saved to a personal account. 

Seniors last day of school will be May 22, make sure to say goodbye to your teachers and thank them for all they have done.

Graduation will take place on May 23 at 7 p.m. Show up in your cap and gown and receive your diploma. Graduation rehearsal is required for all graduates who will be walking at the ceremony and will take place from 1-3 p.m. the same day. 

This article will be updated as we receive more event’s dates. Keep this story saved and go Cougs!