Seldom Seen festival

Music, art and literature festival to premiere in rural Iowa, June 28-29

IOWA CITY, Iowa (March 25, 2013) – Seldom Seen, a two-day music, literature and art festival, will take place on a rural farm near Maquoketa, Iowa, on Saturday, June 28 and Sunday, June 29, 2013. The festival will feature more than 30 acts, including musicians, writers, artists and much more. Seldom Seen aims to inspire through the arts while illuminating the unique beauty of Iowa’s countryside.

In its third year as an arts-centered camping festival, 2013 marks Seldom Seen’s first effort to include literature, art installations and bands beyond the local area.
Showcasing amazing talent in music, literature and art, the first round of Seldom Seen headliners include: fourteen-eyed folk outfit hailing from Baraboo, Wisconsin – PHOX, Chicago-based master of humorous fiction – Kyle Beachy and hyper-talented filmmaker from Dubuque – Ted Wittman.

Other music acts to perform at the festival include: Trouble Lights, Alex Body, Brian Johannesen (formerly of The Grand Tetons and Terrible) & Alexis Stevens, AlienTech, and ION. The literature showcase will feature Kyle Beachy, Lucas Mann, Anna Meister, Mollie Martin and an expertly-curated group of Iowa City spoken word poets. Art installations will transform the rural farm space into a found-art gallery of sorts, featuring talent by Ted Wittman, Kyle Regan, Erik Dutcher and other homegrown artists to be announced.

Leading the efforts in production of Seldom Seen are University of Iowa students Zoey Miller, Emily Kane and Therese Mulgrew. These young women are aided by a staff of more than fifteen students and community members from Iowa City, Des Moines, Dubuque, Ames and beyond. The festival’s community outreach will also be displayed by four pre-show fundraisers around the state of Iowa in May.

Tickets to Seldom Seen will be available for purchase online via Midwestix.com and in Iowa City at The Englert Theatre on Tuesday, April 16. Tickets can be purchased for $15 in advance and $20 on site during the festival. Cost of ticket covers admission and camping on Friday and Saturday nights.

Information provided from.

seldomseenfest.com

http://facebook.com/seldomseenfestival