Seniors Boys’ Swimming

Seniors Boys Swimming

“It’s bittersweet.” Alex Boomsershine sr., said about almost being done with his final year of high school swim team. Senior Night for Kennedy men’s swimming was last Tuesday, January 8th.

The boys have Districts on February 2nd and will compete at state shortly after that.

“My greatest achievement i’d say is making it to state my freshman year in the 400 free relay,” Chandler Heisler, sr., said. Heisler swam all four years at Kennedy.

“I’m kind of sad about it but i’m really happy to be done, it’s been a long four years.” Seth Dunne, sr., said.

The seniors on the swim team made a lot of memories that they will never forget. “When Austin Shantz fell asleep on the toilet is my all time best memory” Heisler said.

“I loved messing around with the other guys on the swim team and messing around in the locker room.” Dunne said.

The boys swim team was very dedicated this season, to say the least. They had practice before school everyday for an hour and a half and after school everyday for around 2 hours, in addition to having swim meets.

The seniors want the underclassmen to know that time goes by very fast so enjoy all of high school swimming.

“Just keep working at it and it will eventually all pay off.” Boomershine said.

“Listen to the coaches and swim fast.” Heisler said.

With swim team coming to a close, overall the boys had a great season. Especially the seniors at Kennedy High School.