Cocoa and Carols

Students and their families enjoy cookies and cocoa at Cocoa and Carols.

The 20th annual Cocoa and Carols will be held this Saturday, Dec. 8, in the Kennedy Auditorium.

Cocoa and Carols is a mix of the choirs from the feeder schools that come into Kennedy. Harding, Roosevelt, and Viola Gibson will sing at the 10 a.m. show. Taft, Nixon/Wright, and Franklin will perform at 1 p.m. Hiawatha and Pierce will perform at 4 p.m.

Matthew Armstrong is the Protégé Show Choir director and is in charge of Cocoa and Carols. He organizes the room assignments and programs and helps get everything ready for the performances. He said that there is a lot of work that goes into this show and his favorite part is the elementary school performances.

While the Chamber Choir, Chanteurs, and Moonlight Express will be singing at all three performances, Happiness and Protégé will only perform at the 1 and 4 p.m. shows. All shows will include an audience participation version of Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer and have cookies and hot cocoa after the show.

“I think that the best part is definitely seeing the kids perform and how much fun they’re having,” Robert Burton, sr., said.

Burton is a member of Happiness and has been doing Cocoa and Carols for Kennedy the past four years.

Members of Protege after their preformance.

Photos by Lydia Martin