Kennedy Prom 2024 is Drawing Near

The theme of Prom 2024 is Masquerade.
The theme of Prom 2024 is Masquerade.
stockadobe.com

There are many things people do to get ready for your high school prom. Is your favorite part getting ready, going out to eat, seeing friends or maybe taking pictures?

“Prom is a time of celebration, and a time to enjoy the company of peers who have helped to make your high school years memorable. After graduation there will be many of your classmates you may never see again,” Head of Prom Committee Christina Langton said. “Prom gives you the opportunity to remember those people in their very best moments. Whether dressed for a grand event or letting loose and laughing at post prom.”

Kennedy’s prom theme this year was decided by Langton and seniors Safal Bhattarai, Lizzy Hawkes, Jacob Bruns, Ahmed Elsheikh, Lilly Marchbanks and Zion Collins

“The theme is a masquerade and we encourage you to wear a mask to the dance,” Langton said. “Not a 3M COVID-19 mask, or a Halloween mask, but something along the lines of a traditional Venetian or theatrical mask. Even Zoro style would be appropriate.”

Post prom will be hosted at Kennedy in the south wing. There will be an obstacle course, video games and line dancing along with games and prizes. 

“I think what makes prom so special is that it brings together the senior class. We have had a rough four years with covid and adjusting to a new normal at kennedy,” Hawkes said. “This is our opportunity to have one last school experience with our friends and classmates before graduation and we all go our separate ways.” 

The Prom Grand March will be from 4-6 p.m. in the Kennedy auditorium so students can have their photos taken for free while the dance will be at the Czech and Slovak Museum from 7:30-10:30 p.m.