Class of 2024 Graduation
The Student News Source Of Kennedy High School

Kennedy Torch

Kennedy Torch

Kennedy Torch

The Powderpuff Game Returns to Kennedy

Isaac White
The Power Puff Game will be at Kennedy after the Homecoming Parade, which starts at 6:00 p.m.

For the first time in six years, Kennedy High School is bringing back the Powderpuff game. Senior girls play a game of flag football against the junior girls to raise money for the graduating class of 2024.

The senior and junior football teams will be coaching them as they play in games of seven-on-seven. Coaches Brian White and Tony Vis will be refereeing. Not only will this help the students and teachers get excited about spirit week but all proceeds go towards the 2024 Senior Prom.

“I decided to participate and make it happen because we needed money for our class and this would be a good fundraiser,” said senior Lizzy Hawkes

The game is being held with the intention of having it annually at Kennedy like it used to be.

“I am looking forward to coming together as a class and working together to try to win the game,” said participating senior Addison Schmitz. 

The game is Wednesday, Sept. 27. It will take place under the lights on the practice soccer field after the Homecoming Parade.

“I’m hoping that we’ll be able to continue it for years later,” said Hawkes. “Like next year they will do it again and people will still be excited about it and I’m hoping that kids will just have fun.”