Important Dates and Information for Kennedy Seniors

James Belding, Writer

As seniors get closer to graduation, they need to keep many things in mind besides their required credits.

Caps and gowns, senior photos, graduation rehearsal and CPR training are all key for seniors.

Senior photos for the yearbook are due by Jan. 15, 2022. Photos must be school-appropriate and oriented vertically.

CPR training is required for students to graduate by Iowa law. Students need to go to the wrestling room by the main gym to receive their training. School was canceled on Jan . 5, the last known available day for training. No further information is available at this time.

Prom will be held in some form on May 14, two weeks before seniors graduate.

The graduation ceremony on May 27 at the Alliant Energy PowerHouse has two prerequisite requirements for participation: attending the graduation rehearsal and a cap and gown.

Graduation rehearsal will take place earlier the same day at 1:30 p.m. at the PowerHouse.  Senior attendance is required to participate in the real ceremony at 7 p.m. Students should not wear caps and gowns to the rehearsal.

Senior cap and gowns orders are already over, and the specific pick-up date in April will be revealed at a later date.

Seniors should visit the Senior Information Page linked here, pay attention to announcements and contact their counselors to keep up-to-date on graduation information.