Graduation Ceremony for Class of 2021 to Be Held In Person

Farragutful, CC BY-SA 4.0 , via Wikimedia Commons

The graduation ceremony will be held in the Alliant Energy PowerHouse, previously called the US Cellular Center, in downtown Cedar Rapids.

Graduation ceremonies for the Kennedy High School class of 2021 will be held in person on Thursday, May 27.

The ceremony will be held at the Alliant Energy PowerHouse, formerly known as the U.S. Cellular Center. Jefferson and Washington High School will also have in-person ceremonies at the Alliant Energy PowerHouse on other days.

An email was sent to all Kennedy families the morning of March 5 detailing information about how the ceremonies will follow the CDC’s COVID-19 guidelines. As Kennedy’s graduating class is larger than the Alliant Energy PowerHouse seating capacity, students must register to reserve their seat through the Google Form linked in the email. If more seniors reserve seats than can fit in the building, a second ceremony will be held at a later time.

Seniors can also choose to stay home for the ceremony. Any students not attending graduation will be able to watch a livestream during the ceremony.

Seating capacity will be limited. All guests and graduates at the ceremony will be required to wear masks.