Say Hello to the Adult World, Seniors

Graduation Set For This Friday

Back to Article
Back to Article

Say Hello to the Adult World, Seniors

Kennedy High School Graduation Ceremony.

Kennedy Yearbook

Kennedy Yearbook

Kennedy Yearbook

Haylee Brewer, Writer

It’s the time of year when the senior class begins a new journey in life. This Friday, May 24, seniors from Kennedy will graduate at the US Cellular Center in downtown Cedar Rapids. The ceremony will begin at 7 p.m.

Seniors are to arrive for graduation no later than 6:15 p.m. and doors will be open at 6 p.m. for parents and guests.

Students are also to attend a rehearsal for graduation earlier in the afternoon on Friday. Students should be at the US Cellular Center from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. for information. The rehearsal does not require caps and gowns. Seniors must attend and attendance will be taken. Those who do not attend will not be allowed to participate in graduation. Parents should not attend rehearsal.

There will be plenty of general seats for all guests and parents. Open seating does not require a ticket. However, there are some box seats, seats on the risers and seats near the floor that are available for reservation. Reserved seating will go through the US Cellular Center. Contact the US Cellular Center at 319-398-5211 for reserved seating information.

During the graduation ceremony there will be a commercial photographer taking photos of each student as they cross the stage and receive their diploma. The photographer will provide information about where to order pictures. KCRG will broadcast the graduation ceremony live on channel 9.2.