Kennedy Torch

Kennedy Torch

Sophomore Sweets

Back to Article
Back to Article

Sophomore Sweets

Student Council members Braden Hoyer, Jordyn Cory, Kacey Davis, Ramha Elsheikh, Lizzie Bagby, and Giuseppe Gianforte

Grace Hanrahan, Writer

The class of 2021 has started fundraising with the leadership of student council members Braden Hoyer, Jordyn Cory, Kacey Davis, Ramha Elsheikh, Lizzie Bagby, and Giuseppe Gianforte.

“We are raising money to sell t-shirts, and eventually when we’re seniors we’ll have money to pay for prom.” Jordyn Cory, so., said.

For students interested in buying a snack throughout the day, muffins will be sold for $2.00 to help the sophomore class collect money.

“The council people usually carry the muffins with them, or they’re in some teachers’ rooms.” Cory said.

With a variety of flavors, the class has been selling muffins to students and staff at Kennedy and will continue raising money with muffins sales every Thursday.

The sophomore class has succeeded with selling t-shirts and organization in the past, leading to earning points during pep assemblies with their green and gold spirit. The council is sponsored by staff members Heather Zwanziger and Alison Gardner.

President Braden Hoyer, so., said it would be a good idea to buy muffins, “because they are a good snack, breakfast, lunch, or dessert to eat and all the money that is made goes into the 2021 fund for projects like sponsoring a family for the holidays and prom!”

Grace Hanrahan, Writer

Hi readers, my name is Grace Hanrahan and I am a new writer for Torch this year. I am a sophomore at Kennedy and I enjoy being involved in language arts...