Cougars Head To The Well

Kennedy plays Dubuque Hempstead on March 8, 2:45 p.m. at the Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines

On+Wednesday+afternoon%2C+the+Cougars+patiently+waited+together+with+coaches+for+the+state+basketball+bracket+to+reveal+who+they%27ll+play.+
On Wednesday afternoon, the Cougars patiently waited together with coaches for the state basketball bracket to reveal who they'll play.

Anafer Millsap

Anafer Millsap

Anafer Millsap, Writer

The Cougars are moving on to state. They take on Dubuque Hempstead on Wednesday, March 8 at 2:45 p.m. at the Wells Fargo Center in Des Moines.

In Tuesday’s (Feb. 28) game the Cougars beat Cedar Falls 48-41. The Cougars jumped out to an early 9-2 lead midway through the first quarter, never trailing at a single point in the match. After leading at the end of the first quarter 17-7, Kennedy maintained an efficient offense in the second quarter, taking a 24-11 lead into halftime.

In the second half, the Cougars kept fighting to keep their lead. Just after three quarters they found themselves in control, 34-26.

“Kennedy’s defense was amazing the way they defended A.J Green, and the way they made sure he wouldn’t get any open shots, and the way they would get so many steals, they forced so many turnovers,” Ryker Person, so., said.

Cedar Falls All-Star player A.J. Green had a rough night, only scoring 4 points the whole game, going 2-14 from the field with no three-pointers.

Kennedy’s Jackson Foley scored Kennedy’s first six points on two shots from deep. He lead all scorers at the end of the first quarter with 10 points.

The team has been preparing hard for the games, and have practice for two hours for five or six days out of the week.

“We’ve been practicing a lot, we’ve ran a lot of plays trying to prepare for these games,” Grant Griffin, so., said.