Five scholarships to jump-start 2017

Applying for scholarships is tricky and often ventures into uncharted waters. As 2017 begins to heat up, here are five easy scholarships for seniors to apply for:

1. College JumpStart Scholarship
    • Deadline: April 15th, 2017
    • Value: $1,000
    • Open to high school sophomores through seniors and adult students enrolled in college. The scholarship is a merit-based competition (financial need not considered) awarded to students who express a desire to pursue a higher education.
    • For more information, click here.
  2. BankMobile Financial Literacy Scholarship
    • Deadline: July 19th, 2017
    • Value: $1,500
    • Open to students enrolled in college or have demonstrated plans to enroll in college with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
    • Essay must be under 650 words on the importance of financial literacy in their lives and career and accompany an official and valid transcript with submission.
    • For more information, click here.
  3. GE Reagan Foundation Scholarship
    • Deadline: January 5th, 2017
    • Value: Up to $40,000
    • Open to high school seniors who demonstrate the attributes of leadership, integrity, and citizenship as well as a financial need and a GPA of above 3.0.
    • Members will be selected based on nominations from community leaders, and interviewed via Skype by a selection committee who will make final decisions.
    • For more information, click here.
  4. Technology Addiction Awareness Scholarship
    • Deadline: January 30th, 2017
    • Value: $1,000
    • Available to high school freshmen through graduate students who are U.S. citizens or legal residents who submit a short essay about technology addiction.
    • For more information, click here.
  5. Optimist International Oratorical Contest
    • Deadline: Varies
    • Value: Up to $2,500
    • Open to all students under the age of 19 who prepare a 4-5-minute speech on the topic of “How my passions impact the world.”
    • For more information, click here.

Stay connected with The Torch for more scholarship updates and opportunities.