‘The Wedding Singer’ Opens This Week

April 19, 20, and 21 in the Kennedy auditorium

Jamison Prull

Noah Loehr as Glen Gulia.

Play previews were held today for Kennedy students and the public production will open this Thursday, April 19 for the musical comedy The Wedding Singer.

This show is based on the 1998 movie about Robbie Hart, New Jersey’s favorite wedding singer. Robbie’s fiancée leaves him at the altar and he is a mess until he meets Julia, a waitress who wins his affection. However, Robbie must win her over with the performance of a decade.

Starring in Kennedy’s production are students Cael Joens as Robbie Hart, Kennedy Wilson as Julia Sullivan, James Tolly as Sammy, Noah Loehr as Glenn Guglia, Sam Drish as George, Ferin Bergen as Holly Sullivan, Savannah Brown as Linda– and many other Kennedy students as part of the cast’s ensemble.

Sophomore cast member Betsy Marlow predicts people will like what they hear and see. “It’s something that any person could enjoy. It’s bound to make you laugh, smile, and maybe cry a little.”

The show runs for about two hours. It runs at 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday. On Saturday, there is a 7 p.m. show and a 2 p.m. matinee.  You can order tickets online or buy them at the door for $6 for students and $10 for adults.

“Overall, the show is filled with talented cast and crew, and everyone’s hard work has payed off to create an amazing show,” Marlow said, “and if we can make at least one person in the audience laugh and enjoy themselves, then we have done our job.”

Profile photos by Natalie McAllister here.

Torch photos by Jamison Prull here.