Senior walk

Seniors in their graduation caps and gowns take a walk through feeder elementary schools

Karlynn Fifield, sr., walking down the halls of Hiawathia Elementary School, shaking hands of third graders.

Madeline Jamrok, Photo Editor

During the month of May, high school seniors have been making rounds to the elementary schools one last time.

“The little ones are so excited for us as we graduate that it reminds me how important it is to be a good role model for the younger generation,” Karlynn Fifield, sr., said.

Student Government has organized an event at seven of the elementary schools in the district, having seniors walk the halls in their graduation caps and gowns. The elementary schools include: Wright, Hiawatha, Jackson, Madison, Nixon, Pierce and Viola Gibson.

Many seniors have participated in the walk and have received great feedback from staff and community members.

“It is awesome being able to return our alma maters where we began our journey and having the opportunity to talk to the kids that are just beginning their journey,” Fifield said.

If you are a Kennedy senior and haven’t already participated, the next walk is at Nixon this Friday, May 12. You can also walk at Pierce on Wednesday, May 17 or at Viola Gibson on Friday, May 19.

Contact one of the Student Government officers or email Mr. Benedict at [email protected] if you’re interested in signing up.

“It’s a great way to get involved and to positively impact younger students lives,” Jordan Vaske, President of Student Government, said.